ARM LIFT (BRACHIOPLASTY)
WHAT IS AN ARM LIFT (BRACHIOPLASTY)?
A brachioplasty, commonly called an arm lift, is a procedure to reshape and provide improved contour to the upper arms. Dr. Rumer can treat upper arm sagging skin or excess fat or the combination of the two. She offers a variety of options from minimally invasive non-surgical to surgical procedures depending on the patient’s needs. Sagging skin or excess tissue of the upper arms can be the result of a number of factors, including aging, weight gain or loss, or heredity, and unfortunately this cannot be corrected by exercise. The arm lift is going to put an end to this by:
- Reducing excess sagging skin that droops downward
- Tightening and smoothing the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm
- Reducing localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW?
We provide a full array of treatments depending on what will suit your needs:
- Minor skin laxity with no excess fat – can be treated with a minimally invasive procedure called ThermiTight. This procedure is performed in the office under local anesthesia.
- Excess fat with good skin elasticity – can be treated with a minimally invasive liposuction procedure. This procedure can be performed in the office under local anesthesia.
- Moderate to severe laxity with no excess fat – can be treated with a surgical procedure to remove the excess skin and provide beautiful definition to the upper arm.
- Moderate to severe laxity with excess fat – can be treated with a combination of liposuction to remove the excess fat and surgery to remove the excess skin restoring that youthful appearance.
HOW LONG IS RECOVERY AND WHEN CAN I RESUME MY NORMAL ACTIVITIES?
The minimally invasive procedures can be performed right at the facility with very minimal down time. More extensive surgical procedures will require a greater amount of down time because there will be larger incisions that will require adequate time to heal in order to ensure you achieve the best cosmetic result.